New patch for BF2142 released

Post your news here and it will be displayed on the main page (make sure its NEWS)

Moderators:KsR BF members, Community

Mark Gor
Forum saviour
New patch for BF2142 released

Post by Mark Gor » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:31 pm

Patch 1.05 is now available. :)

ISSUE FIXES

- Ground Defence kills now count towards Ground Base Defence Ribbon

- Using the Medic Hub now counts towards Silver Medic Excellence Badge

- Silver Titan Destruction - Badge awarded when core is destroyed

- Debriefing End of Round screen displays player stats

- Enemy Squad Leader Spawn beacon is no longer visible on the 3dMap

- Can now bind same key to crouch for common and land vehicles

- User now unable to repeatedly spam a squad leader to join a locked squad

- Spinning tank turret no longer pushes player inside clipped geometry

- Users can play single-player (offline) mode when EA servers are unavailable

- Fixed issue that caused Battlerecorder Playback And Camera Control Interface function

- Corrected missile silo numbers in Titan Mode

- Squad Leader Spawn Beacon can now be used after a round or map change in online games

- Missing game information in Swedish and Danish when a mutiny occurs against your commander added

- Inconsistent game references removed

- BF2142 showing up as Battlefield 2 in Windows firewall exception list fixed

- Patching update message will shut the game down instead of minimize if EA Link is installed on users machine

- Stats tracking optimizations

- Revised AR's deviation per bullet

- Titan no longer moveable by the Commander once Titan shields are down

- Installer checks for BF2142 running in the background before installing patch

- Improved player collision protocol

- Optimized EA Master Server connection calls

Mark Gor
Forum saviour

Post by Mark Gor » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:57 pm

This patch makes the game crash after every titan-round for most people (including me), so I expect a hotfix to show up very soon. :shock:

aggressor
Sneaky Engy Mofo

Post by aggressor » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:08 am

EA Strikes again :)

Sisu
He builds terror

Post by Sisu » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:04 am

aggressor wrote:EA Strikes again :)

lol

Mark Gor
Forum saviour

Post by Mark Gor » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:00 am

They have to keep up with that fine old BF-tradition and break something at the same time as they fix something else. :wink:

Mark Gor
Forum saviour

Post by Mark Gor » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:20 pm

We will be releasing a Hot Fix for the CTD issue on Titan Mode.

You can apparently avoid crashing by playing on server that only runs one round on every map or by pressing ESC and go to the menu as the titan starts to blow up (you get returned to the game as the next round starts).

(I have not tried these things myself)

Mark Gor
Forum saviour

Post by Mark Gor » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:59 pm

...and 1.06 has been released fixing the crash-problem after some titan-rounds.

Johard
Kingsize Rizla

Post by Johard » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:31 pm

This game hasn't lasted very long with me. I'm fed up with it already.. :( .

Really hope Quakewars brings back the interest.

Fons
Kingsize Rizla

Post by Fons » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:32 pm

I didnt crash for me... And I love the game :D

U muppets shouldnt run legal software and all that crap! PIRACY ALL THE WAY BABY!!! :twisted:

Sisu
He builds terror

Post by Sisu » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:21 pm

Johard wrote:This game hasn't lasted very long with me. I'm fed up with it already.. :( .

Really hope Quakewars brings back the interest.

why am i not suprised, you're just the FIRST one in the line, soon all will say the same :P
Last edited by Sisu on Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mark Gor
Forum saviour

Post by Mark Gor » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:07 pm

For public play this is by far the best BF-game yet.

+ It's a lot more balanced than previous games. All classes and vehicles are good at different things. For example; in a battle between a tank and a walker, the walker will win at close range and the tank at long range and at medium range skill will decide.

New stuff like motion mines, EMP nades/mines/satellite strikes and stationary anti-vehicle guns make it hard for vehicles to just rush in and dominate against infantry like they have done before sometimes. The tank-drivers don't even have a machine-gun against inf anymore.

+ You never get bombed to bits by invincible planes. The only thing that can annoy sometimes are the titan cannons. They can be taken out though and by placing the titan above the combat area it is more open for attacks once the shields are down so again it's balanced.

You would think that vehicles in the future would be more powerful than ever but compared to earlier BF-games, they are a lot less lethal.

+ Better maps. The ones that can be played in both titan- and conquest mode are good but it's the conquest-only maps that are the real gems. They are really tight and with a minimum of vehicles they provide some of the most intense infantry combat I've seen in a game.

There is less of the "drive from flag to flag" with hardly any fighting and more of a clearly defined frontline. People actually defend flags as well rather than just driving to the next enemy flag.

+ Teamplay. I don't know if it's just because you get points and field-upgrades if you work together but there is a lot more teamplay than in previous games. You sometimes end up with the same kind of idiots that can be found in any game but it quite often works quite well.

If someone in your squad sees an enemy, they show up on your HUD as well.

+ I thought the upgrade-system would be annoying but it's actually quite fun and does provide some variety. On a map like Omaha in BF42, 80% of the players would be snipers sometimes. Now people go for classes they have unlocks for which makes the game more diverse.

+ The new titan-mode is fun. For the first time there is an actual goal other than making tickets bleed away.

+ The game can look quite epic sometimes with two titans close together, fire and missiles going up from the ground towards them and cannons firing down at the ground, air-vehicles cirling around firing + people launching themselves to the titans with the pods.

+ Yes, there are less bugs than in previous BF-games. :wink:

As usual when it comes to this game, most of the complaining comes from people like Sisu who hasn't even tried it. :roll:

Sisu
He builds terror

Post by Sisu » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:21 pm

Mark Gor wrote:
As usual when it comes to this game, most of the complaining comes from people like Sisu who hasn't even tried it. :roll:

I actually have played it. Yesterday at the LAN i was at. I didnt play it much as it kept crashing all the time. But what i did catch up was that it looked nice and erything but felt very slow. Tok ages to walk somewhere etc and the map we played (cant remember the name) had only one tank(droid?) to transport yourself with at each starting base... But as i said i just played it for, well maybe an hour. So i must say that my first overall impression was not good. So i stick to not buying it. I would buy it if i would lack games to spoil my time at, but atm i have 3 games in line that needs my attention (all singel player though) before i will find another one. ;)

And after those i still have cod2 wich i really started to like after the lan.

So Mark, from now on you can't say i haven't tried it! :roll:

Mark Gor
Forum saviour

Post by Mark Gor » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:31 pm

Sisu wrote:Tok ages to walk somewhere

I can't imagine how you could play 1942 considering that you move faster and the flags/silos are closer in BF2142. It could take minutes to get somewhere in 1942 (and you usually got bombed when you got close :lol: )

Sisu wrote:So Mark, from now on you can't say i haven't tried it! :roll:

How many were playing it then? Most BF-game require more than 20 people to get interesting unless it's a match on a small map.

...and you also need about 5-10 hours to get used to all the new stuff. I needed more than an hour just to get all the controls to feel right...
Last edited by Mark Gor on Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sisu
He builds terror

Post by Sisu » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:40 pm

just drop it, i wont buy it and i will continue whine anyway :lol:

Diws
Kingsize Rizla

Post by Diws » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:26 pm

Sisu wrote:just drop it, i wont buy it and i will continue whine anyway :lol:

hehehe, its also not my type of game atm