Clanbase - KsR v FsT (50th CB Ladder Game!!)

Matches we have played

Moderator:KsR BF members

Qball
Head Honcho
Clanbase - KsR v FsT (50th CB Ladder Game!!)

Post by Qball » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:37 pm

Our 50th Clanbase ladder match, something of a celebration and a good result would take us just short of 1300 points in the ladder. We had a lot to play for. Our opponents tonight were FsT, a clan we have yet to play but may do battle with in the Open Cup depending on pending results so tonights game had important ramifications for the future as well.

The glorious KsR boys fighting for their lives in tonights match were Sisu, Tan, Qball, Godfather, Sidewinder, Saint, MarkGor, Plexor, Frantic and Aggressor.

We had agreed to play FsT's map of choice, Kursk, on their server and our beloved Stalingrad on home turf. We were off to Kursk first and FsT choose to start as Allies.

The round started and we were off with only one of our initial tank shells finding its target our pilot took out the other plane and we had the crucial control in the air that so often decides the result on Kursk. Despite this control of the air however we did not have control on the ground, FsT were very quick to both flags and with the extra tank gained from the Western flag they were proving very difficult to get anywhere near.

We managed to get control of the Eastern flag for some time however we could not gain control of the Western flag for any length of time. FsT's experience showed through as they constantly battled for the central flags eventually winning both and managing to get planes in the air. With control of the air and the ground it was not long before the plane raping started and our chances of success diminshed by the second. We were raped, we were pinned back and we were beaten.

Result : 15 - 104 [KsR] Lose

The Axis is generally considered the easier of the 2 sides on Kursk due to the advantage they have in pixel shooting and so with such a loss as Axis we expected the rape to continue as Allied however lady luck is apparently a big fan of kingsize rizla's and she smiled upon us as both initial pixel shots missed their targets giving us air power when we expected to have none. As shouts of surprise went up from our pilots about still being alive we realised an opportunity had been presented to us. We quickly capped the Eastern flag and set about taking down the planes with AA help while FsT had control of the Western flag however with air superiorty making short work of their tanks we were able to conquer that flag too and to our surprise and delight we had the drain on FsT.

With our pilots not only keeping enemy planes grounded but also making extremely short work of any enemy armour we looked in control of this round right from the start, flags were occasionally greyed by enemy infantry but quickly taken back and the drain was, for large portions of the game kept on FsT. They did manage to take back the Eastern flag and push us right back into our base as well as beginning some very accurate artillery spamming destroying our armour as it spawned while the enemy planes began raping our airfield but some good ground movement and some nice turret shooting enabled us to come back and push FsT right back into their base again. We played extremely well this round and I believe everyone on the team has an "excellent moment" from this round where something delighted them that they either did or saw happen I know I certainly had a few of these moments in this particular round.

Result : 84 - 12 [KsR] Win

17 points behind with 2 rounds of Stalingrad left to play and we were feeling confident. We switched over to our server and choose to play as Axis first. The round started, as expected, with all players rushing for the centre however FsT did not choose to have a dedicated person spamming the centre and within the first few minutes of the game we had control of the centre and the drain had begun. From this point on it was basically business as normal, they attacked, we defended, the drain remained. FsT never really threatened us and our experience saw us through comfortably, not as exciting a round as Kursk but certainly a more controlled and fruitful one.

Result : 146 - 0 [KsR] Win

Short of a miracle performance by FsT the game was all but over going into this round, our start was not quite as spectacular this time with neither side gaining control of the centre initially and FsT clearly deciding a dedicated spammer was a good idea however our experience again showed through with some good infantry play neutralising the spammers and in a counter attack after FsT had pushed up we were able to once again take the centre. Again is was business as usual, FsT attacked, we counter attacked and neither side gained much ground but we had superior kills and the drain continued.

Result : 128 - 0 [KsR] Win

Overall Result : 373 - 116

A great game and a great way to end our 50th clanbase ladder game on 1299 points and in 11th position, long live [KsR] :fluffle:

frAntic
Kingsize Rizla

Post by frAntic » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:59 pm

live long and prosper :P

Tan
Chief Spammer

Post by Tan » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:10 pm

gg everyone nice report qball

Sisu
He builds terror

Post by Sisu » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:06 am

Very nice report Q!

And gg's all :thumb_up1:

BlackHawk
Mr Un-Reliable :)

Post by BlackHawk » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:11 pm

nice going guys :D

too bad i didnt play :roll:

Sidewinder
Kingsize Rizla

Post by Sidewinder » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:46 pm

:thumb_up1:
Bilbo Bagshot: 'I once punched a guy out for saying that "Hawk the Slayer" was rubbish.'

Mark Gor
Forum saviour

Post by Mark Gor » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:04 pm

Well played and a nice report! :)

...nice to see that you didn't mention me getting dizzy on Kursk and hitting our base with the artillery for quite some time. :twisted: :wink:

Qball
Head Honcho

Post by Qball » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:29 pm

The "excellent moment" covers many things Mark ;D

A couple that made me chuckle :

Sidewinder and me crashing into each other while both attempting to, and succeeding in, bombing the enemy armour spawn point ... was a bit of a nightmare but still marginally funny.

Me finally getting shot down in my Illuyshin the first time I took one only to bail out and land on top of an enemy Tiger tank that was heading for the sawmill, needless to say a quick mine on his head finished both him and me off but made me laugh a lot more than he did I bet :)

aggressor
Sneaky Engy Mofo

Post by aggressor » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:41 pm

Highlights for me -

Kursk

Qball (suprise pilot) destroying everything :)

personal highlight, winning some 1 v 1 battles and blind tossing a nade in the air and killing the aa gunner :)

Stalingrad

Saint nading everybody and surviving a whole round without being killed

personal highlight - rushing the middle , killing some enemy then diving in the center and capping the flag as allies.

Deadly Style
Sexeh Admiral

Post by Deadly Style » Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:09 pm

good old stalingrad...hopefully can spill some blood there soon again :cry:

/me sheds a tear

P.S. oh, i see you want to get in the top 10 just as i told you...to make me happy enough to come back :P