CB Ladder - KsR v SeS:CoFB

Matches we have played

Moderator:KsR BF members

Qball
Head Honcho
CB Ladder - KsR v SeS:CoFB

Post by Qball » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:23 am

This may not be up to my usual standard on account of us having played the game a week ago and my being too lazy/preoccupied to do the report until now ;p

This was a big, big game and we were expecting a very tough time. Our opponents had been having a good run on the way up the ladder and we had a lot more to lose then we had to gain in this match.

SeS:CoFB (or CoFB from now on) had chosen to play Aberdeen, a potentially devastating map which when played well can give clans 180 tickets per round. To counteract this we had chosen to play on Kharkov on account of our usual home map Stalingrad not giving the same ticket lead possibilities.

Our brave fighting boys and girl lined up like this : Tan, Qball, MarkGor, Sidewinder, Battlebee, Heaven, Plexor, Sisu, frAntic and Mad_Bear.

Kharkov

We had chosen to play Kharkov first and started as Allied. The round started with the usual wing walking shenanigans and we were hyped up for a good result this map in order to counteract our shakiness on Aberdeen. We quickly had control of the hill with relatively little resistance while a mix of our tankers and our bomber made short work of the enemy tanks. We advanced and fairly quickly had control of the Axis flag too while our pilots had been able to take out the enemy airforce and were presently raping with gusto!

We manouvered the artillery into position set our tankers into their defensive positions and sat back to watch the tickets drain down. This is usually the point our defenses fail and we let the enemy back into the game however that extra practice and the high stakes settled us more than usual and we repelled every one of CoFB's attacks.

The tickets counted down and we had a perfect start with each element of the team working brilliantly as the scoreboard shows: 1 pilot, 1 hill infantry and 1 tanker.

Result : 173 - 0 [KsR] Win

Eager for a repeat performance and knowing that a repeat performance would require a stellar performance from CoFB on Aberdeen we set off for round 2 on Kharkov. More wingwalking and a little plane collision started us on the way to another great start in this round. Again the tankers were dispatched this time we lost one of our tankers in the push though however it wasn't very long before we were in position and the rape was well and truely under way. We had a little more difficulty holding the Allied flag this round however the hill was rarely threatened and the drain was maintained throughout. Another excellent performance with our pilots shining this round.

Result : 174 - 0 [KsR] Win

Overall a great map showing just what sort of damage can be done on Kharkov when things go well and we went into Aberdeen a little more relaxed knowing that 1 round would win it for us.

Aberdeen

Aberdeen is a funny map and normal rules do not always apply, we threw everything forward and hoped to at last hold them even. If we couldn't have the central flag but they didn't have it either than that would do fine. We started as Allied and rattled forwards towards that inevitable firefight around the central flag. Before we got there however the enemy had a man running up the ladder to take the flag. This was a scrappy round throughout with neither side really taking control however the central flag rarely swapped hands. The northern and southern flags however did with attacks and counter-attacks continuing throughout this round. We gave as good as we got and were constantly graying flags to stop the drain. In short we did enough to put the game beyond doubt and it worked.

Result : 9 - 5 [KsR] Lose

The game was now won and perhaps CoFB gave up a little or perhaps we relaxed further and took control as this last round went far more our way taking the southern flag for some time and constantly pressurising the eastern flag. They attacked, we repelled them (mostly) however they broke the drain many times ensuring we didn't add too much more to ourn lead.

Result : 70 - 0 [KsR] Win

Overall Result : 422 - 9 [KsR] Win !!

A resounding victory against tough competition and I apologise again for the lateness and poorness of this report ;p

Godfather
Cod Boy

Post by Godfather » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:52 am

Well played and well written. 8)

Tan
Chief Spammer

Post by Tan » Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:23 pm

Still a nice report Q

Just waiting for the UK ladder one. /me looks at bear

Deadly Style
Sexeh Admiral

Post by Deadly Style » Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:30 pm

kharkov \o/

Sisu
He builds terror

Post by Sisu » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:04 pm

Better late than never... gg all and good report Q!

Sidewinder
Kingsize Rizla

Post by Sidewinder » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:22 pm

Nice report, good game everyone. :)
Bilbo Bagshot: 'I once punched a guy out for saying that "Hawk the Slayer" was rubbish.'

aggressor
Sneaky Engy Mofo

Post by aggressor » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:44 pm

:worship:

Mark Gor
Forum saviour

Post by Mark Gor » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:06 pm

Well played, good report! :)

frAntic
Kingsize Rizla

Post by frAntic » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:12 pm

wp :)

nr :P

Mad_Bear
Kingsize Rizla

Post by Mad_Bear » Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:37 am

good report, and yeah i know Tan :P i will do it today after work. Everyone remind me today about this so i really gonna do it :)