Complaint - 1 huge ass+no punishment = Poor admining

Post here for complaints, suggestions etc.

Moderator:KsR BF members

soulescape
Complaint - 1 huge ass+no punishment = Poor admining

Post by soulescape » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:57 pm

About 1 hour ago (9:45pm German time), an accidental TK from Sadira took place. The victim was named Wo|verine. You all know Sadira, she never TKs on purpose. She always says she's sorry. She actually feels bad about it. What then took place was totally unacceptable....

Sadira apologized into the microphone and in text. The Damaged One wanted to procede with a kung fu fight. Sadira wasn't aware of it and knifed him. She felt even worse, said sorry, and jumped off the building to her death. The Damaged One jumped off as well to be fair, which resulted in the round ending with no winner.

Wo|verine decided it would be appropriate to call sadira a dumb bitch and continue to harass her further with obscenities. Even after the situation was explained, and the TKed apologized for AGAIN, he proceded with the harassment. Other players came to Sadira's defense and they were also verbally attacked.

I admit that I myself used a bad selection of words out of rage and defense of the innocent. I ultimatly apologized for them in the end.

The map changed. The arguing continued. Several admins were contacted. Wo|verine decided to TK me after an accidental team attack. The TK was not forgiven. In rage from the TK and no punishment taken, I attacked back after being shot in the leg with .50 cal. Wo|verine decided he would then TK me if attacked by me at all. The next round started and someone else from the team attacked him. By accident, or purpose, I don't know. He assumed it was me and hunted me down, missing 5 shots with the 50 cal until a new round started. When it did start, I was immediatly TKed. This went on for a bit until he reached 4 unforgiven TKs.

Everyone was looking forward to him being kicked and or banned, but it didn't happen. Is TK punishment NOT activated on the KsR server?

The next map started. Sadira had requested an apology, but it was rudely denied. More admins were contacted. The situation was explained, but nothing was done. An admin broadcast was displayed stating something along the lines of, "Stop TKing. If you blah blah then say sorry, blah blah." Memory escapes me at the moment. Most of the players left the server looking for a different one due to this. In the end, it was only myself and Wo|verine, and he ended up leaving along with myself causing an empty server.

I believe the actions of the admin(s) was poor and a higher consequence should have been delt.

I believe TK punishment should be activated. I don't know if it is or not, but he TKed 4 times with out auto punishment.

I believe that a respected player and contributer to Action Half-Life itself should NOT have to put up with this kind of dis-respect. Everyone gets a bit ripped on once in awhile, but I felt this was over the top and uncalled for. I'm not the only one who feels this way. Our game and fun was ruined and the server left empty. No actions were taken what-so-ever.

Screenshots, witnesses, and steam ID's are all noted.

This isn't something that won't keep me from AHL because assholes come and go, but this is a situation that I feel could have been dealt with easier and without emotional distress.

Thanks for your time.

pbsaint
Administrator

Post by pbsaint » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:02 pm

I checked the logs, and he is banned for a week. If he ever comes back and behaves like that again let us know (= perm ban).

Don't think we don't listen ;)
[KsR]Saint

rm, pg, what's the difference?

Mark Gor
Forum saviour

Post by Mark Gor » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:11 pm

Well, I apologize for not being around. :?

You have to understand that it's impossible to have a good view on what has actually happened just a minute or two after getting on your computer. I was checking through mail and other stuff at the same time as I see people talking about abuse and TKs.

It's impossible for me to know exactly what has happened and act correctly at once just as I have logged on. If this is considered being a bad admin then I suppose I am. :( If you prefer to have absolutely noone around to check on what is going on on the server, I'm sure we can arrange that. :wink:

Saint has looked at the logs and the culprit in this case has now been banned for a while.

One note:
soulescape wrote:Several admins were contacted
It would help if you actually try to contact us in #ksr if it concerns our server. I noticed later that you first tried to contact admins in #amp for some reason. Both me and Saint responded quite fast once you tried in #ksr.

soulescape

Post by soulescape » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:23 pm

I appreciate the prompt replies and actions taken. I understand the duties of an admin and do realise it can be difficult to make a quick decision on limited knowledge. My statement of poor admining is revoked. I believe I didn't give the admins enough time to properly act. Time seems to fly when you're mad ;)

I was wondering, though, is auto punish for TK's enabled? I realise an accidental grenade can wipe out your own team causing an accidental ban, so I was wondering what your feelings on that are?

Thanks guys

soulescape

Post by soulescape » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:25 pm

I'll keep that in mind about contacting #KsR. I personally wasn't the one trying to reach an admin, as I wasn't sure who, or where, to find them.

Feel free to remove, lock, or whatever this thread. :)

Mark Gor
Forum saviour

Post by Mark Gor » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:28 pm

If anything happens and no admins are around (quite likely to happen I'm afraid), post something here and we'll do our best to punish the "evil-doers". :) ...or contact us later in irc with screenshots if you have them.

frAntic
Kingsize Rizla

Post by frAntic » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:19 pm

im disappointed !!!

Sidewinder
Kingsize Rizla

Post by Sidewinder » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:27 am

We have a server? :P
Bilbo Bagshot: 'I once punched a guy out for saying that "Hawk the Slayer" was rubbish.'

pbsaint
Administrator

Post by pbsaint » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:50 pm

soulescape wrote:I was wondering, though, is auto punish for TK's enabled? I realise an accidental grenade can wipe out your own team causing an accidental ban, so I was wondering what your feelings on that are?

Yes, after 5 tk's the player is kick+banned for 5 minutes. (At least that's what the settings are)
[KsR]Saint

rm, pg, what's the difference?

Qball
Head Honcho

Post by Qball » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:16 am

It may have been fixed in DC but in ahl tk punishment didn't work, it worked on the basis that in order to be kicked you had to have a score of -5 if it were set to 5 kills however this can be counteracted by getting a kill, in otherwords if someone had been on the server for a few minutes before tk'ing and had scored 10 kills they'd have to tk 15 times in order to be kicked, it was a poor system and a major flaw with ahl, not sure if dc has rectified this but if not then our server config is not at fault it's ahl.

Sisu
He builds terror

Post by Sisu » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:15 am

Sidewinder wrote:We have a server? :P

lol muppet :roll: :lol:

Fons
Kingsize Rizla

Post by Fons » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:59 am

who plays ahl anyways???? :roll:

koNan
Kingsize Rizla

Post by koNan » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:19 pm

me :o

Mark Gor
Forum saviour

Post by Mark Gor » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:27 pm

me :)

sykes

Post by sykes » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:20 am

Hiya folks!!!! *R-e-s-p-e-c-t* da KSR !!

OK heres the low down on TK's

*if* you set mp_teamkills that will be the limit upon which players are punished for unforgiven TK's

(punishment = no weapons and a nice"killme" sign above head)

if you want auto kick ban stuff to happen i recommend you get adminmod on the case.

we WILL be bundling (semi pre-configured) metamod/admin mod with next release which is coming v.soon (oh and yea adminmod is all working with ahl again now!)

By all means if you think sommit aint right about the mod, or you got a great idea thats just burnin to be told.. do drop by out ministry of action forums and make a comment :D

(you know you're all welcome!)